Licensed Practical Nursing/ LPN Training - 1350 hours:
PRACTICAL NURSING IS NOW AVAILABLE ON SHERIDAN MAIN AND SHERIAN WEST CAMPUSES!
The Practical Nurse Program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing formally the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc..
A licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for patient care and works under the supervision of a registered nurse, physician, in hospitals, medical care clinics, physician's offices, home health and hospice agencies, schools as well as in private duty practice, nursing homes, and rehabilitation centers.
Applicants should have the ability to handle responsibility and be interested in caring for patients of all ages.
The Practical Nurse (PN) Program content includes, but is not limited to:
- Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric and geriatric nursing
- Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in both acute and long-term care situations
- Theoretical instruction and clinical application of vocational role and function
- Personal, family and community health concepts
- Human growth and development over the life span
- Body Structure and function
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Mental Health Concepts
- Pharmacology and administration of medications
- Legal aspects of practice
- Computer and employability skills
Theory, laboratory and clinical experiences are integrated with one-half of the program spent in health care facilities providing patient care.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates receive a certificate and are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN licensure examination.
Licensed graduates (LPNs) may transition into the Broward College Registered Nurse Program, transferring college credit from Sheridan's PN Program (PN/RN Articulation Agreement.)
- Attend a Health Science Orientation Session held each Monday at 9am (please arrive 30 mins. early)
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent,
- Applicants must achieve a grade level of 11 on the Basic Skills (TABE) Test (11.0 in Reading, 11.0 in Math, and 11.0 in Language Arts), and pass all four test on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
- Applicants need to attend the PN orientation and Interview with the Health Science Departiment Head.
- After passing the TABE Test and presenting a high school diploma or transcript, applicants must pass the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- Completion of physical/immunization forms by a physician.
- Successful completion of a Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Level II Background Check ($47).
- Pass a drug screening test ($32).
ALL students entering the Practical Nursing Program (Block 1 or advanced) must complete ALL of the above entrance requirements whether a first time student or an advanced student.
|PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAM SCHEDULE
|| 1350 hours
|Monday – Friday
||7:15 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
*does not include the price of the LPN exam and are subject to change.
Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) students are introduced to the clinical area early in the program. Theory and clinical procedures are integrated into the curriculum to reinforce learning, with one-half of the program spent in health care facilities providing patient care. LPN graduates may be employed in hospitals, extended care facilities, physician’s offices, home health, and hospice agencies, as well as private patient care. The LPN works under the direction of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed physician.
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) may continue his/her education by pursuing an Associate of Science degree or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Credits from this program, which is accredited by the National League for NursingAccrediting Commission, transfer to Broward College towards the AS degree program in Nursing.
Join our Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program today, call us at 754-321-5481!
The Sheridan Technical Practical Nursing Program is accredited through:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Tel 404 975-5000 Fax 404 975-5020