Court Reporting Program - Online Only
This online program, approved by the National Court Reporters Association, offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare students for employment as court reporters, scopists, and transcriptionists and to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in any of these occupations. The content prepares persons to use the steno writer to record examination proceedings, testimony, judicial opinion, judge’s charge to jury, judgment or sentence of court, or other proceedings. Instruction includes specialized terminology and procedures used in the legal, medical, industry, insurance, and governmental fields as well as skills for recording multiple voices. The content prepares persons to use Phoenix Theory machine shorthand to record speakers in addition to the preparation of transcripts. Concepts of legal, medical, and related industries are included in this program so that students may function effectively. This program is a precursor to the burgeoning fields of CART and closed captioning for the deaf and hard-of-hearing communities.
- Basic Skills Testing
- Counselor Interview: Contact Christopher Timberlake at 754-321-5445
- $7,500.00 – Tuition** and Fees
- $1,300.00 – Books / Supplies
- $2,000.00 – Steno Machine & CaseCATalyst Software (Student Version)
- $11,800.00 – Estimated Total cost
*Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
**Based on Florida-resident tuition fee. Two proofs of Florida residency are required; otherwise, out-of-state tuition fees apply.
- Phoenix Theory of Machine Shorthan
- Machine Shorthand Transcription
- Computer Aided Transcription
- Medical and Legal Terminology
- English for Court Reporters
- Court Reporting Procedures
- Internship, Employability Skills and Portfolio
Beginning Salary: $35,000 – $55,000 per year
Contact us today to find out more about training in Court Reporting!
Isabel Garcia, Counselor
Sheridan Technical Center
Isabel R. Garcia@browardschools.com