GED® Preparation Classes
This program provides individualized instruction in preparation for the GED® test to those students who do not have a high school diploma and intend to enroll or are currently enrolled in a Workforce Education Program. The GED® test preparation course covers the four subject areas measured on the GED® test; Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
We offer GED® preparation in an online or face-to-face format. The TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) is required prior to entrance into the class; a $10 TABE testing fee and a photo ID is required. The TABE test is available Monday – Thursday in Building 11 at 8:30 a.m., no appointment necessary. We can then assist you with registration for GED® preparation classes.
Students have the option of a face-to-face or online class. Face-to-face GED® classes are available mornings and afternoons at the Sheridan West campus location.
For more information on our GED® test preparation classes, please call 754 321-5451 (Main Campus) or 754 321-3900 (West Campus).
Take Your GED® Test
Sheridan Technical Center offers the new 2014 GED® test on computer; a brand new way to take today’s test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- Same day scoring
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Flexible testing and pay as you go options
- Detailed score report including college and career readiness information
- An electronic, secure, diploma and Smart Transcript
- Online access to view, print, and request a professionally printed diploma free of charge
The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center. Register today at www.GED.com.
- A testing fee of $32 per subject is required. Credit card payments are made online at time of registration.
- The GED® test contains 4 content areas:
Reasoning Through Language Arts – 155 minutes
Mathematical Reasoning – 115 minutes
Science – 95 minutes
Social Studies – 95 minutes
- GED® test Scores
Passing Scores: 150 – 169 per subject (600 Total Score)
Honors Scores: 170 – 200 – Demonstrates Career and College Readiness
- Must be 18 years of age, however, 16 or 17 year olds may be eligible if they meet the underage Broward County requirements listed below.
Broward County GED® testing requirements for 16 or 17 years olds:
- Provide proof of official High School withdrawal.
- Provide proof of passing scores on the Official GED® Practice Test.
You must be enrolled in a GED® preparation class in any Adult, Community or Technical School in Broward County and take the Official GED® Practice Test.
- Complete the Underage GED® Testing application which must be notarized and signed by a legal guardian. This form will be provided from your instructor.
- Complete the Testing Eligibility Exception Form which you will receive by email once you begin the registration process at www.GED.com.
- Submit all 4 documents to your GED instructor to begin the approval process.
*Accommodations are available with prior approval. More information is provided on the GED.com website.