General Educational Development (GED®) Preparation
This program provides access to individualized instruction in preparation for the GED® tests to those students who do not have a high school diploma and intend to enroll or are currently enrolled in Workforce Education Program. GED® Preparation includes the five subject areas measured in the GED® tests:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Social Studies
We offer GED® preparation in an online and face-to-face format. There is a $10 testing fee and you will need to bring a photo ID. We can then assist you with testing preparation. The actual GED® test will be scheduled for approximately 4-6 weeks after your pre-testing.
Face-to face GED® classes are available mornings, afternoons, and nights. Sheridan Technical College’s GED® face-to- face program is located at Sheridan Main campus in Building 14 or at Sheridan West campus. The GED® online program is located at Sheridan Main campus in Building 12. Please call 754.321.5492. You can work on your GED® while being enrolled in a career program.
For more information on our online test preparation, please call 754.321.5451.
Take Your GED® Test
Sheridan Technical College offers the new 2014 GED® test on computer; a brand new way to take today’s test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- Same day scoring
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Flexible testing and pay as you go options
- Detailed score report including college and career readiness information
- An electronic, secure, diploma and Smart Transcript
- Online access to view, print, and request a professionally printed diploma free of charge
The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center. Register today at www.GED.com.
- A testing fee of $32 per subject is required. Credit card payments are made online at time of registration.
- The GED® test contains 4 content areas:
Reasoning Through Language Arts – 155 minutes
Mathematical Reasoning – 115 minutes
Science – 95 minutes
Social Studies – 95 minutes
- GED® test Scores
Passing Scores: 150 – 169 per subject (600 Total Score)
Honors Scores: 170 – 200 – Demonstrates Career and College Readiness
- Must be 18 years of age, however, 16 or 17 year olds may be eligible if they meet the underage Broward County requirements listed below.
Broward County GED® testing requirements for 16 or 17 years olds:
- Provide proof of official High School withdrawal.
- Provide proof of passing scores on the Official GED® Practice Test.
You must be enrolled in a GED® preparation class in any Adult, Community or Technical School in Broward County and take the Official GED® Practice Test.
- Complete the Underage GED® Testing application which must be notarized and signed by a legal guardian. This form will be provided from your instructor.
- Complete the Testing Eligibility Exception Form which you will receive by email once you begin the registration process at www.GED.com.
- Submit all 4 documents to your GED instructor to begin the approval process.
*Accommodations are available with prior approval. More information is provided on the GED.com website.